Monday, September 18, 2006

Interesting O's Facts

I didn't qualify for the fantasy baseball playoffs, but I still get a ton of e-mails from CBS Sportsline about how my players are performing in real life. Perhaps they're just rubbing it in that I wasted so much time this summer, only to finish with an even record. And I paid 35 bucks to do so. So I guess I wasted money, too.

There was a little bit of payoff from CBS Sportsline this week, as they provided the following interesting facts about our beloved Birds:

  • "Brandon Inge's grand slam on Friday was the 12th allowed by Orioles pitching, a franchise record. The Orioles, who have allowed 11 of the 12 on the road, have only hit one grand slam this season. " (Editor's note: The previous team record for grand slams allowed belonged to the 2000 Orioles, who gave up nine.)

  • "Brian Roberts stole his 34th and 35th bases of the seasonin the first inning Friday. The steal gave Baltimore 110 steals for the season, but just three in their last 14 games. The Orioles have been successful on 81 of their last 100 steal attempts and lead the American League with a 81.4 (110-for-135) success rate this season."

No comments: