Monday, July 28, 2008

The Sun's O's Coverage is Taking a Hit

Roch Kubatko is leaving The Sun

by Matthew Taylor


Roch Kubatko has confirmed the rumors: he's leaving The Sun as part of a buyout package.
"It's true that I accepted The Sun's buyout package. My last day is Aug. 1. I'll have much more to say on the subject as the date draws closer.

As for where I land, nothing is official yet. I'm weighing my options - and it's not like I have a lot of them. But wherever I go, I'm taking the blog with me. And you'll know exactly where to find me.

Perhaps it will be at a roadside stand in Eldersburg. Perhaps I'll work kids parties, complete with clown makeup and oversized shoes. Or I'll be writing for a different Web site. There's also that possibility.

I guess the best I can do right now is ask that you stay tuned. Hopefully, it will all make more sense later this week."

Roch's blog has become required reading for Birds fans and is one of the top sources for O's information and insight. His departure is disappointing and will serve as a major hit to The Sun's O's coverage. Hopefully Roch can keep his Camden Yards press pass wherever he winds up, even if it's just for blogging purposes; he's earned it.

No comments: