Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Crawford's MVP Puts Him in the Company of Brooks Robinson

On Tuesday, Carl Crawford became the fourth player in major league history to be named MVP of the All Star Game without driving in a run. (Adam Jones drove in the most-important run, but that's another story.)

Oriole great Brooks Robinson is among that group of RBI-less MVPs. Robinson took home the 1966 MVP award after going 3-for-4 with a triple and a run in a game that also was played in St. Louis. He earned the honor even though the American League lost 2-1 to the National League.


Image source: MLB.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poll: August Collapse
----------------------
Wow, I'm in the minority. I chose that the Orioles would collapse in August, but that's based on Huff/Scott/Sherrill being traded. They're kind of hard to replace with two months to go.

All-Star Game MVP
-------------------
Crawford was a deserving candidate for MVP and I agree with you that Jones and Granderson were also worthy. But, hey, what can you do? Jones did a lot more than just represent! Yeah baby!

Roar from 34 said...

I don't see Scott getting traded. Sherrill is a possibility, but I'd say Huff is most likely to go. They'll struggle given the remaining schedule, but I don't think it will be a collapse on the same level as years past.

Jones definitely did the O's proud last night.

baseball dvds said...

I am afraid that this statement is not correct"
Oriole great Brooks Robinson is among that group of RBI-less MVPs.
".I would appreciate if you can further elaborate this.Thank you.
baseball dvds.