Tuesday, August 25, 2009

And Here I Thought Baltimore Had An Inferiority Complex

"I'm not one of these jealous people. I played Major League baseball. I played in the big leagues for three years; I know what it's all about. I'm not one of these guys, these radio hosts around the country that like never played a sport and want to rip on professional athletes."

So says former Oriole-turned-radio-host Jim Traber in a most amusing soundbite that appears at the 10:53 mark of a clip posted on Toronto Sports Media.

Traber gets all over an entirely reasonable Nick Collison for his "attacks" on Oklahoma since moving there as a member of the Seattle Sonics-turned-Oklahoma City Thunder. Collison called Traber's radio show to clear the air, and, well ... this one speaks for itself. Give it a listen.

It may just be possible that the Midwest Inferiority Complex exceeds the Mid-Atlantic Inferiority complex.

By the way, this is the same Jim Traber I highlighted in a recent post for his amusing charge-the-mound tactics. If nothing else, Traber is a consistent source of amusement.

No comments: