Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Off Days Aren't Necessarily Rest Days

“It was pretty neat to come out [and interact]. The [fan’s support] means a lot to me personally ... We want to get a winning season of course. But, at the same time, you’ve got to rebuild and it starts with pitching because the offense is there ... Once the younger guys get a season or two under their belts in the big leagues, they’ll be comfortable and we’ll go out and have a crazy year.”

-Adam Jones, as quoted at a Westminster autograph session



Just because the O's weren't on the diamond Monday night doesn't mean they weren't keeping themselves busy.


Adam Jones headed out to Westminster for an autograph session at Great Moments (Koji and Brian Roberts will make appearances in August) while Luke Scott and Brad Bergesen joined Scott McGregor at the Hagerstown Area Church Softball League’s annual banquet.



Said Scott of his active off day:

"It is valuable free time, but I know what's important," Scott said. "I'm honored to be here. It's a blessing. God blesses us. He doesn't want us just sitting in our houses. I'm blessed to be playing in the major leagues. This is the least I can do.

"When I go to heaven, I'll have all the rest I'll need."

No comments: